Do you love being outdoors? Have an interest in science? Want to build your resume? Volunteer with PacMam and help us conduct vital research on resident marine mammals, share your knowledge with community members at fun local events, and learn more about being a marine biologist!
We welcome volunteers of all ages, abilities and backgrounds and have a wide variety of different jobs and tasks you can help with. Here are some of the things you could do as a PacMam volunteer:
- Fieldwork: help with our research in the field by recording data, scanning for/spotting marine mammals, and assisting researchers with data collection (NOTE: this includes a short hike over uneven ground and sitting outside for 2 hours). [Also see above for how to submit your own sightings to assist with our research.]
- Data Entry: (office-based) enter data, crop and rename photos, add to database, process photos for naming, etc.
- Help At Events: share PacMam’s mission and work with the public at various community events! Join us at fun festivals and events by manning the PacMam booth, sharing our work and mission with the public, and informing interested individuals about harbor porpoises and harbor seals in the Salish Sea.
- Education: specifically interested in helping with our educational outreach efforts? Contact us today to discuss ways to become involved in these programs!
- Administrative/Accounting: do you have a background in administration or accounting and want to give back to the community? Contact us to discuss ways you can help us at PacMam!